1. What is the mission of Komshi?
Komshi aims makes the city life a more enjoyable experience by using the online platform to generate offline activities. Our goal is to increase the community spirit and values in order to form stronger communities.
2. What can a Komshi website do for my neighborhood?
Komshi makes it quick and easy for you to create your free website. In minutes we can help you create a comprehensive communication tool for your neighborhood that includes:
Komshi is very simple and fast! The Komshi sites are created using simple Web forms. Passing on the upkeep duties to the next volunteer can happen with no effort at all!
3. Can I post commercial information on Komshi sites?
You may create a banner ad in the "Advertise" section of your Komshi site. You can say anything you would like about your business in this area.
Please do not post commercial advertisements anywhere else on Komshi. They will be deleted. Thank you.
1. How do I register as a Komshi Community Association Member?
1) Go to: http://www.komshi.ca/community_association/
2) Download the "Master Software License and Services Agreement" and the "Statement of Work" sign both and mail it to the address provide in the contracts.
3) Soon you will receive the information to gain access to Komshi Community Administrator Panel.
2. Why do I need to sign these contracts?
To ensure the security of your neighborhood website, we only allow community association member to add content to the site.
Privacy of all Komshi users is very important to us. Your information will never be sold or given out except in the case of a court-ordered subpoena.
3. Is there a site already up for my neighborhood?
Komshi has many neighborhoods up already. To see if your community already has a site, you can search on www.komshi.ca
If you don't find your city or neighborhood, email us and we'll set it up for you.
4. How do I market our Web site to my neighbors?
We want to help you promote your neighborhood Web site! Here are a few ways to publicize your site and get the word out to your neighborhood.
1) Place an article in your printed neighborhood newsletter. There is a sample article includedbelow.
2) Post fliers in public areas of your neighborhood, pass out fliers at neighborhood meetings or drop them off door-to-door.
3) Talk! Talk! Talk! Talk about the Web site at meetings and other neighborhood events. Tell your neighbors and your friends. If you don't tell people, no one will know about it! Word of mouth is the best form of advertisement!
4) Before your neighbors know about the Web site, it's a good idea to make the site fun, informative, and intriguing. We suggest:
All of this will take you only a few minutes, and it will make the site an interesting place for your neighbors to visit the first time.
5) Talk to people about the specific features of Komshi . Remind your neighbors that the "Talk About It" area can be a powerful tool to organize around a specific topic of interest. Promote the "Community Calendar" by encouraging people to post upcoming events and to check the calendar regularly. Remind neighbors that there is a free classified section to buy and sell items, and promote their business. Let them know about the abundant information that is provided about the neighborhood, schools, and other civic resources.
Sample Newsletter Article
Here is an article for you to use in the next issue of your newsletter. You can also use this template for a flier announcing your new neighborhood Web site. Simply replace the words in brackets [ ] with your neighborhood name and don't forget to fill in your Web address at the end of the article.
[OUR NEIGHBORHOOD] Is Now Online!
Our neighborhood now has a Web site! Our new Web site includes information about [OUR NEIGHBORHOOD], an online newsletter, a list of the local schools in our neighborhood, and community pages about issues and events that affect our neighborhood. Links to city government officials and services, including the police, make it a great communication channel.
Our new Web site is not just an information source, but also a place for all neighbors to be connected. Want to tell people about an upcoming meeting, garage sale, or lost pet? Then post a notice in the "Community Calendar". Want your own personal Web page? Then create one in the "Meet Your Neighbors" section - tell people about yourself, your family, your hobbies, or your interests. Concerned about a neighborhood issue? Talk to your neighbors - solicit new viewpoints. Go to the "Talk About It" section and create a new discussion.
This is our Web site - anyone can use it - and it's easy to use! You don't need any special computer skills to post information to the site - simply fill out forms and the information is posted! All you need is Internet access - everything is in an extremely user-friendly format.
So check it out! Our new Web site can be found at: www.neighborhoodlink.com/[CITY]/[YOUR URL]
5. Can our domain name be used with our Komshi website?
Yes, if you have your own website address like www.mychaparral.ca you can link it to your Komshi site. There are several ways to do this, so email us and provide the domain name; we'll help you with the best way to go!
6. How do I start up my free Neighborhood Web site?
It’s easy and fast! Just Click Here To Begin...